As Managing Director in Cherry Bekaert’s Information Assurance & Cybersecurity practice, Bob works with clients in all industries and of all sizes to help them identify and remediate their cybersecurity risks. He helps clients improve their cybersecurity and IT programs, regulatory compliance, IT controls, and vendor risk management strategies, utilizing the efficient delivery capabilities of the Firm’s Information Assurance and Cybersecurity team.
Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, Bob was the Global Managing Partner of the risk & Cyber Strategy practice at a leading IT consulting company. He previously held leadership roles in the Cyber Advisory practices at two Big Four accounting firms, as well as IT and cyber leadership positions at a global networking hardware and software company. In these roles, he built high-performing IT, cyber, data security, and consulting teams and established a 25+ year track record of working with global organizations to mitigate risk.
- B.B.A. in Accounting & Computer Applications, University of Notre Dame
Areas of Expertise:
- IT Audit & Consulting
- Data Security
- IT Due Diligence
- Managed IT Security Services
- Third-Party Risk Management
- Risk Management
- IT Risk Assessment
- Advisory Services
Professional & Civic Involvement:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- Park Committee Chair and Treasurer, Atlanta Area Scouting Council