- Silent Auction Committee. Help secure donations of items for the International Gala in February.
- Programs & Events Committee. Develop and plan programs and activities that interest our members. Find volunteers to help in various roles at each program.
- The Upstate International Month Steering Committee. Due to the size and scope of our month long program, Upstate International Month has a dedicated group of volunteers, a steering committee, who help coordinate, promote, support, and manage this undertaking. There are also subcommittees on education, events, marketing, finance/sponsorship, engagement, and volunteers.Click here for more information on volunteering for the Upstate International Month committees.
- International Women’s Club Committee. Plan events, activities, and monthly meetings for the year. Organize refreshments, publicize the meetings, and set up the room for the monthly meeting.
- Language Class Teachers. Upstate International offers classes in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, and more. We always need more teachers in these languages, as well as in other languages such as Greek, Japanese, and Chinese. See the FAQs about teaching a language at UI.
- International Relocation Program. Welcome new arrivals to the Upstate and assists employees of international companies with bureaucratic tasks such as obtaining a driver’s license and a Social Security number. Consultants are paid a modest salary to provide half-day and full-day orientations on weekdays and occasionally meet again by arrangement with the clients. Upstate International especially seeks consultants who speak another language, such as French, German, Japanese, or Spanish, in addition to English.
- Children’s Programs. Plan programs for children, including international playgroups, school visits to talk about different countries and cultures, and week-long activity camps during the summer vacation.
- Office Support. Provide important assistance with general center support such as membership outreach, database maintenance, calendar updates, and programming specifics.
- And More. Other ways to volunteer come up at UI periodically. Contact Christine to stay aware of ongoing opportunities.
“It’s been wonderful helping you guys out the past few days! I love how lively Upstate International is all the time!”