International Women’s Day (IWD) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. Significant activity is witnessed worldwide as groups come together to celebrate women’s achievements or rally for women’s equality.
Marked annually on March 8th, IWD is one of the most important days of the year to:
- celebrate women’s achievements
- educate and awareness raise for women’s equality
- call for positive change advancing women
- lobby for accelerated gender parity
- fundraise for female-focused charities
Everyone, everywhere can play a part in helping forge gender equality. From a wide range of IWD campaigns, events, rallies, lobbying and performances – to festivals, parties, fun runs and celebrations – all IWD activity is valid. That’s what makes IWD inclusive.
Click here to get involved!